The best spicy chicken dish at Chinese restaurant is this, “Yodare-Dori”!! (We call like this in Japan).
Boiled chicken breast is nice and soft, and spicy and rich sauce definitely stimulate your appetite.
The style (the looking and taste) of Yodare-Dori could be different depending on the restaurant, and I introduce my secret recipe for it today by using great miso paste!
Ingredients for this recipe are a lot, so if you have hard time to get them completely, just arrange with similar thing.
【Recipe (4 servings)】
●12 oz chicken breast, Sliced in half
●1 tablespoon chicken stock powder
●Water for boiling chicken
■4 tablespoons black vinegar
■3 tablespoons soy sauce
■3 tablespoons sesame oil
■2 tablespoons sugar
■1 tablespoon miso paste (fermented soybean paste)
■1 tablespoon chili oil
■1 tablespoon sichuan pepper
■1 tablespoon white sesame
■1 tablespoon sesame paste
■1 tablespoon grated garlic
■1 tablespoon grated ginger
▲6.5 oz tomato, Thinly sliced
▲4 oz bean sprout
▲4 oz cucumber, Shredded
▲2 tablespoons peanuts, Crushed
▲2 tablespoons green onion, Minced
1. Prepare unheated water, and melt chicken stock powder in it.
2. Slice chicken breast so that it’s easier to cook. Put them in the water.
3. When it boils, turn over the chicken. Then turn off the heat.
4. Put a lid, and wait until it cools down completely. (Use remaining heat to cook).
5. Roast sichuan pepper in a pan until it is aromatic.
6. Crush roasted sichuan pepper until it becomes powder, but remain seeds to your liking.
7. Put all of ■ seasonings in a pan (put crushed sichuan pepper too), and stir well. Make sure boil the sauce once in the pan, then cool down in a bowl.
8. Prepare for toppings: Boil bean sprout, crush peanuts, and cut boiled chicken.
Put tomato, bean sprout, and cucumber on a plate. Then put chicken, and pour sauce on the chicken. Sprinkle green onion and crushed peanuts as you like.
Ready to eat!