Do you like chicken sandwich?
Most of people must be going to start drooling when imagining crispy chicken sandwich.
Some of you may have already made it at home… But, how about Japanese version of it!?
I tried to make the sandwich with miso paste. And realized that the great flavor of miso made the crispy chicken even more delicious! So, please try that once!!
Ingredients (for 2 servings)
・8.8 oz (250g) Chicken thigh
Season the meat (A)
・1/2 tablespoon Miso paste
・1/2 tablespoon Sake
・1/2 tablespoon Soy sauce
・1 teaspoons Grated ginger
・Salt and pepper
・1 tablespoon Milk
・1 tablespoon Olive oil
・1 tablespoon All-purpose flour
・1/2 Beaten egg
・1/4 teaspoon Salt
・5 tablespoons Potato starch or Corn starch
Burger sauce (D)
・4 tablespoons Mayonnaise
・1 teaspoon Miso paste
・1 teaspoon Red pepper or Paprika powder
1. Remove excess fat and strings of the chicken. Then, cut in half.
2. Make a marinade by mixing (A). Soak the chicken in the marinade for about 15 minutes.
3. While waiting for the chicken, make batter by mixing (B). Stir well with your whisk so as avoid clumping. After 15 minutes, dip the chicken in the batter.
4. Transfer the chicken to potato starch or corn starch (C), and apply it evenly.
5. Deep-fry the chicken. I recommend to fry in 338℉ (170℃) oil for 3 minutes first. After that, let it rest for 5 minutes. Finally, fry again in 392℉ (200℃) oil for 2 minutes. By doing this, the chicken will be very crispy and it’s cooked thoroughly. If the amount of oil is small, turn it over on the way.
6. Make burger sauce by mixing (D). Lightly bake the hamburger buns, and put the sauce on it.
7. Put lettuce and fried chicken on the buns. Please put extra mayonnaise as you like.
Ready to eat!