What dish would you like to make with ground meat?
I think hamburg steak is the answer for many of Japanese.
Juicy hamburg steak goes very well with any kind of sauce (seasoning) and it’s one of the best dish to go with white rice.
Although hamburg steak tastes wonderful, sometimes I want to cook different kind of dish with ground meat.
Then I was wondering why I haven’t thought about meatballs (hamburg style) with miso soup.
I already made chicken meatballs on this blog, but let’s try more juicy meatballs this time!
Japanese hamburg steak is usually made with mixture of ground beef and pork, and broiled in a pan. Today’s juicy meatballs will be not broiled but deep-fried.
I learned that deep-fried fish cakes tastes so good with miso soup so let me create another awesome DEEP-FRIED menu for today!
【Recipe (2 servings)】
1 oz miso paste (fermented soybean paste)*1
1 teaspoon dashi granules*2
2 oz mixture of ground beef and pork
2 oz onion, Minced
2 oz daikon, Cut into long thin strips
1.5 oz green onion, Sliced
1 oz shimeji mushrooms
1.7 cups (400ml) water
●pinch of salt and pepper
●1 teaspoon soy sauce
●1 teaspoon sake (white wine)
●1/2 teaspoon ground garlic
●1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
*1 Feel free to adjust the amounts of miso paste to your liking.
*2 If miso paste already contains dashi, don’t need dashi granules. I use miso paste containig dashi this time.
1. Mix up ground meat with all seasonings of ●, and knead well.
2. Saute minced onion with oil until golden brown.
3. Mix up 1. and 2. then knead well again.
4. Make meatballs and deep-fry them.
5. Heat water, green onion, and daikon in a saucepan for 3min.
6. Add shimeji mushrooms and dashi granules. Simmer for 2 min.
7. Add deep-fried meatballs and simmer again for 1 min. Then remove from heat.
8. Add miso paste and stir until miso is completely melted.
Ready to eat!
Well seasoned meatballs are extremely tasty and the skin is slightly crisp!
I think nobody has noticed this amazing flavor of meatballs are the best with miso soup.
If you love hamburger, I think this fantastic recipe is for you as well.
Enjoy your miso soup!