It is said that dried daikon includes abundant calcium, and the amount is greater than normal daikon radish.
Since dried daikon has much less fat content compared to other calcium containing foods such as milk and cheese, I think it’s very nice and healthy material for diet!
Although miso soup and braised dish with kiriboshi daikon is juicy and tasty, salad is also excellent way to enjoy it.
Making salad with kiriboshi daikon is easy, tasty, and very nutrient-rich!
And I bet you would really like the crunchy texture of them.
The flavor of the salad could be anything you like, but I introduce my original spicy sauce today.
Chinese chili bean sauce gives hot and deliciousness to the salad, and the flavor of garlic and sesame oil are perfect match too!
Please enjoy this spicy salad that gives great energy to you!!
Recipe for cooking with kiriboshi daikon (dried daikon strips):
KIRIBOSHI DAIKON (dried daikon strips) miso soup recipe
【Recipe (2-3 servings)】
1 oz kiriboshi daikon (dried daikon strips)
2 oz carrot, Shredded
2 tablespoons minced green onion
●1 teaspoon miso paste (shinshu koji miso paste)
●1 teaspoon sesame oil
●1 teaspoon sugar
●1/2 teaspoon Chinese chili bean sauce
●1/2 teaspoon grated garlic
●1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
●1/4 teaspoon chicken stock granule (cube)
●1/4 teaspoon grated ginger
●1/4 teaspoon salt
plenty of water for rehydrating dried daikon strips
1. Wash kiriboshi daikon well.
2. Soak kiriboshi daikon in plenty of water for 15 min and drain them using a strainer.
3. Soak kiriboshi daikon in boiled water for 1 min and drain them using a strainer.
4. Wring the water out of kiriboshi daikon.
5. Mix all of ● seasonings in a bowl.
6. Add minced green onion to the bowl, and stir well.
7. Add kiriboshi daikon and carrot to the bowl, and mix well. Sprinkle sesame to your liking. (It’s also good to let it rest overnight in fridge, so that the taste will soak in.)
Ready to eat!