Fu is wheat gluten cake that is made out of wheat and wheat gluten (protein).
Please check out FU (wheat gluten cake) miso soup recipe to know more about this healthy and delicious ingredient.
Today I use the different kind of FU: kuruma-fu which is baked wheat gluten cut in ring-shaped slices.
Kuruma means car in Japanese, so I guess its name comes from the ring-shape which looks like car tire…
As well as the previous recipes, fu gets so fluffy and nice when it’s cooked with soup.
It’s not soup dish this time, but the cooking tip is stir-frying with watery seasonings.
I believe a lot of people would love stir-fried fluffy kuruma-fu and fresh vegetables with tasty sweet sauce!
Miso paste gives mild and great flavor too. Please enjoy!
【Recipe (2 servings)】
1.5 oz fu (wheat gluten cake)
1.5 oz Chinese chive, Chopped
2 oz onion, Shredded
4 oz bean sprouts
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon sake (or white wine)
1 teaspoon miso paste (fermented soybean paste)
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon salt and pepper
1/2 teaspoon chicken stock powder
1. Soak fu in the hot water for about 1 min until they get soft enough to cut.
2. Cut fu into 4 pieces.
3. Stir-fry onion with oil until transparent.
4. Add bean sprouts and stir-fry for 1 min.
5. Add Chinese chive and all of seasonings. Stir well.
6. Add fu and stir-fry until the watery sauce is almost gone.
7. Finally add beaten egg. Check the taste after egg is cooked, and adjust the amount of salt and pepper.
Ready to eat!