Let’s make delicious SWEET & SOUR PORK using miso paste!
I guess most of SWEET & SOUR PORK recipes in the world don’t use miso paste, but a little bit of miso paste is actually giving great flavor to it.
The sauce made from vinegar and ketchup mainly has very strong taste, so you can use any kind of miso paste for this recipe.
Another important point is that I use thinly sliced pork. By making balls with this sliced pork, the texture of meat becomes so soft.
I’m sure you will like this fluffy pork balls covered with tasty sweet and sour sauce! (Of course you can use any kind of pork you like).
Also I highly recommend to season the pork beforehand with soy sauce, sake, garlic, and ginger.
Those seasonings make the pork much more delicious and matches so well with the main sauce.
Please enjoy the best SWEET & SOUR PORK with miso!
【Recipe (2 servings)】
5 oz sliced pork, Cut into bite-sized
5 oz onion, Cut into bite-sized
3 oz paprika, Cut into bite-sized
3.5 oz eggplant, Cut into bite-sized
2 tablespoons potato starch (or corn starch)
For Seasoning the pork
●2 teaspoons soy sauce
●2 teaspoons sake (or white wine)
●1/2 teaspoon grated garlic
●1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
■1 tablespoon ketchup
■1 tablespoon sugar
■1 tablespoon (black) vinegar
■1 teaspoon miso paste
■1 teaspoon soy sauce
■1 teaspoon sake (or white wine)
■1/2 teaspoon chicken stock granule (cube)
1. Mix ● seasonings.
2. Cover pork with the sauce made at 1st step. Let it rest in refrigerator for 20-30 min.
3. Make balls with the pork.
4. Cover the pork balls with potato starch (or corn starch).
5. Deep-fry the pork balls.
6. Stir-fry onion and eggplant with oil in a pan until they become nicely soft.
7. Add paprika, and stir-fry again.
8. Mix ■ seasonings.
9. Add deep-fried pork balls and the sauce in the pan.
10. Stir-fry well until it starts to thicken.
Ready to eat!