Salted Plum, Kombu, and Spicy Cod Roe Rice Balls + Japanese Rolled Omelette + Daikon Miso Soup
Ingredients (for 1 serving)
3 types of rice balls
・10 oz (300g) Cooked rice
・1 Salted plum
・1 tsp Kombu tsukudani (boiled in soy sauce)
・1 tsp Spicy cod roe
・3 sheets of Nori seaweed
・1 tsp Salt
Japanese rolled omelette
・1-1/2 tsp Sugar
・1 tsp Oil
・0.75 cup (180ml) Water*
・1 tbsp Miso paste*
・1.7 oz (50g) Daikon
・1 tsp Dried wakame seaweed
・Half sheet of Think fried tofu
*Add dashi granules (powder) or use dashi soup stock as needed.
1. [3 types of rice balls] Make 3 rice balls using a plastic wrap. Please put each of the three ingredients inside. Add salt to the surface of the rice balls
2. [Japanese rolled omelette] Crack eggs into a bowl, and add sugar. Beat the eggs. Make rolled omelette in a pan. (Please check the Youtube video.) Pour soy sauce when eating.
3. [Miso soup] Shred daikon and thin fried tofu. Soak the wakame seaweed in hot water and re-hydrate it.
4. Simmer daikon with water in a pot. When it boils add thin fried tofu and wakame seaweed.
5. When daikon is cooked, turn off the heat and dissolve miso paste. Please add dashi powder if your miso paste doesn’t contain dashi.
Ready to eat!