Hiyashi Chuka is chilled Chinese noodles topped with meat and vegetable. It is also described as cold ramen salad.
Although “Chuka” means Chinese style in Japanese, this dish is originated in Japan.
Generally you can eat hiyashi chuka in restaurants in summer season in Japan, or you can also get the meal kit for it at grocery stores.
Today’s hack enable people who don’t have opportunity to have hiyashi chuka at stores to make it at home so easy!
This is not just salad you usually have for side dish, but it’s going to be gorgeous main dish which gives you fresh and delicious nutrients with savory sesame sauce.
【Recipe for Cold Ramen Salad】
Ingredients (2 servings)
2 packs instant noodles
3 oz cucumber, Thinly sliced
3.5 oz tomato, Thinly sliced
1.5 oz ham, Thinly sliced
1.5 oz imitation crab meat, Tear into stripes
● 2 tablespoons soy sauce
● 2 tablespoons sugar
● 2 tablespoons vinegar
● 1 tablespoon sesame oil
● 1 tablespoon sesame
● 1 tablespoon grind sesame
● 1 teaspoon grated ginger
1. Mix all of ● ingredients for making salad sauce. Stir well, and put it in the refrigerator until when you dish up.
2. Heat the pan well, and pour 1 tsp oil. Pour beaten egg, and spread into a thin layer. After it’s cooked turn off the heat. (Cook the egg one by one.)
3. When it cools down, cut the egg into thin stripes.
This is called kinshi-tamago in Japanese, and this shape is standard for hiyashi chuka (cold ramen salad).
4. Cut cucumber and tomato into thin stripes.
5. Cut ham into thin stripes, and tear imitation crab into stripes.
6. Prepare plenty boiled water, and cook noodles for 2 min. (1 min less than the direction.)
7. Drain the hot water, and wash noodles a little with cold water.
8. Dish up the noodles on the plate.
9. Arrange the toppings nicely on the plate. Finally pour salad sauce on top.
Ready to eat!