September is almost there already…! Time goes by so fast, and it’s kind of sad that super hot days are getting over.
Although it’s still summer, it’s time to share the delicious recipe for fall season vegetable today one step ahead.
I’ve introduced several miso soup recipes using kabocha squash (Japanese pumpkin) in the past.
Kabocha squash was cut into small pieces and just the part of ingredient for those miso soups at that time.
But you can experience the excellence of kabocha squash abundantly this time!
It’s very simple soup but the sweetness from the kabocha squash mixing with miso paste generates super tasty and rich flavor.
Please enjoy this fantastic soup for your meal!
If you have different kind of pumpkin with you, it’s just alright. Please use it for this recipe too, and you may need sugar or honey if the pumpkin is not so sweet.
【Recipe (2 servings)】
10 oz kabocha squash (Japanese pumpkin), Peel off the skin and Cut into small size
0.8 cup (200ml) milk
0.4 cup (100ml) water
1 tablespoon miso paste
2 teaspoons butter
1 teaspoon stock granule (cube)
1/4 teaspoon salt*1
*1 Adjust the amount of salt to your liking in the last step.
1. Cook kabocha squash in a microwave for 5 min.
2. Mash kabocha squash in a saucepan (or a bowl).
3. Add butter, and stir well.
4. Add miso paste, and stir well.
5. Add water and heat the soup on low heat while stirring.
6. After it boils, add milk and stock granule. Stir well again. Check the taste, and add salt if you need. Mine was already salty enough, so I just put a pinch of salt.
Ready to eat!