When you are making gyoza dumplings (Japanese potstickers), aren’t you looking for the best way to wrap the dumplings neatly?
Usually, you have to take a few steps to make beautiful dumplings:
・Crimp one edge
・Plump and reshape
Even if they seem easy to do before making, it takes a lot of time and becomes really stressful.
So, here, I would like to give you extremely easy cooking method for NO FOLDING Gyoza Dumplings!
Ingredients (for 3-4 servings)
・30-40 sheets Dumpling wrappers (depending on its size)
・6.3 oz (180g) Ground pork
・6.3 oz (180g) Minced cabbage
・1 oz (30g) Minced green onion*
・1 tablespoon Grated ginger
・1 tablespoon Sake
・1 tablespoon Soy sauce
・1 tablespoon Sesame oil
・A pinch of Salt
・1/2 tablespoon Vegetable oil
・1/2 tablespoon Sesame oil
*Please use Chinese chive if you can get it.
1. Put ground pork in a bowl, and add grated ginger and all of seasonings (sake, soy sauce, sesame oil, and salt). Mix well. Bend the joint of the finger, and stir till it gets sticky.
2. Add minced cabbage and green onion to the meat. Mix well.
3. Prepare dumpling wrappers. Spread the filling you made in (2) using a spoon.
4. Fold only one time. You need to neither moisten edges nor crimp one edge. It’s okay if there is a gap after folding.
5. Warm your frying pan, and pour vegetable oil. Turn off the heat once, and line up the gyoza dumplings. Please try to arrange in a circle.
6. Bake on medium heat for a while (1-2 minutes).
7. If the bottom surface is slightly burnt, pour about 0.3 cup (70ml) water. (Put it so that the whole gyoza skin is covered with water.)
8. Cover and bake for 5 minutes on low heat.
9. Remove the lid and bake for a little until the water is gone. Pour sesame oil evenly to make it more crispy. Transfer to a plate and complete.
Ready to eat!
Please eat it while dipping in the sauce made from soy sauce and vinegar.