When it comes to sweet potato, deep-fried sweet potato with sweet sauce is one of the most popular snacks in Japan. It’s called “Daigaku-imo”.
The sauce is made from mostly sugar (or honey) and a little water.
It’s very simple dish, but I love the combination of crispy deep-fried sweet potato with the sweet sauce so much!
Today’s recipe, MISO BUTTER SWEET POTATO is kind of like “Daigaku-imo”, but it’s saltier and gives you great flavor of butter with sweetness.
Sweet miso sauce with rich taste of butter can create complex taste.
I really want to spread this extremely delicious dessert to everyone in the world!
Please try this easy recipe!
【Recipe (2 servings)】
10 oz sweet potato
●1.5 tablespoons miso paste
●1.5 tablespoons sweet sake (mirin)
●2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons butter
2 teaspoons white sesame (for topping)
1. Cut sweet potato into thin strips, and put them in water for 3 min.
2. Drain sweet potato using a strainer, and heat them in a microwave for 2 min.
3. Mix ● seasonings, and heat the sauce in a microwave for 30 sec. Then add butter and stir well.
4. Deep-fry sweet potato until it becomes crispy.
5. Put deep-fried sweet potato in the miso butter sauce, and mix well. Serve with white sesame to your liking.
Ready to eat!