If you have thought about curry for your meal today, please consider to make Japanese curry.
Japanese curry with white rice is one of the most popular food in Japan.
I guess every mom (or dad) has her own recipe which her family love.
I would like to share my original recipe using 2 secret ingredients…
Garlic and Sausage.
Those gives great stock and flavor to the curry, and hope you will like it!
【Recipe for Japanese Curry】
Ingredients (6-7 servings)
1.5 lb onion, Thinly sliced
1 lb potato, Cut into bite-sized
5 oz carrot, Cut into bite-sized
6 oz thinly sliced pork*
4 oz sausage, Cut into bite-sized
3 cloves of garlic, Thinly sliced
6 cubes curry roux (curry sauce mix)
3 cups (750 ml) water
*Please change pork to beef or chicken to your liking.
About Curry Roux (Curry Sauce Mix)
This is Japanese curry roux (curry sauce mix) I used: “JAVA Curry (ジャワカレー)”.
You can use any kind of curry sauce mix. Usually the package says spicy levels: very spicy, spicy, and mild. Please Choose your favorite one.
1. After heating up the pot, pour 1.5 tbsp oil. Stir-fry onion and carrot on medium heat until onion get really soft.
2. Prepare another pan, and stir-fry garlic and pork. (You will simmer those pork in the soup later so it’s fine if it’s a little undercooked.)
3. Put cooked garlic and pork into the pot. Put potato and sausage too. Then pour water over the ingredients till it just covers them.
4. Simmer for about 30 minutes on low heat. (If you are in a hurry, you can make it short but make sure potato is cooked.)
5. Add curry roux (curry sauce mix) and stir well on low heat. Be careful not breaking up the shape of ingredients.
6. Simmer for 5-10 minutes. Make sure every curry cubes are melted completely and the sauce has thickened.
Ready to eat!